We’re joining the Elgato family!
We’ve got big news…
Visuals by Impulse is joining the Elgato family!
For the past year, we’ve been working to find new ways to empower streamers. In that mission, we found a common partner in our friends at Elgato. After several months of behind the scenes gameplanning, we’re excited to announce that the deal is inked and done.
It’s official; we’re joining forces with one of the most iconic brands in content creation and streaming. Just a short week ago, Corsair — Elgato’s parent company — agreed to acquire Visuals by Impulse. VBI is now an exclusive product line within Elgato.
But we’re not going anywhere. In fact, we’re taking things to the moon. 🚀
Today we’re going to answer a few of your questions. What does this all mean? What will change? What will stay the same? What does this mean for the future?
[Spoiler Alert: It means more designs than ever, more game-changing innovation and a very bright future.]
Who are Elgato and Corsair?
Ah, Elgato; the team that brought you your favorite capture cards, green screens, key lights and Stream Decks. Many of you are already familiar with the brand.
For those that aren’t, Elgato specializes in gearing up content creators. In fact, they’re the leading provider of hardware and software for broadcasters. Over the years, they’ve built a reputation as one of the most beloved brands in streaming. Right now across the world, millions of creators are using Elgato studio equipment — on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Gaming and beyond.
As for Corsair, well — unless you’ve been living under a rock — you’re probably already aware of their work. They’re one of the most recognizable gaming brands on earth, creating high-performance gear and technology to give you an edge. From award-winning PC components and peripherals to premium streaming equipment and smart ambient lighting, Corsair is an industry legend. They’re also home to some of the most beloved names in gaming, including ORIGIN PC, SCUF Gaming, Elgato and Gamer Sensei. For more than 25 years Corsair has been helping gamers play at their best.
And they just got a bit bigger.
Today, all VBI teammates are now official employees or contractors of Corsair. VBI has become a separate brand under Elgato — itself a separate brand within Corsair.
What does it mean?
For you, it means more creative power than ever before. That means more designs (both free and premium), more customization features and more interactive tools — plus new innovations and technology never before seen.
With access to Corsair resources, we can invest more energy into:
- Research and development (R&D)
- Our team (and bringing on new team members)
- Improving customer experiences
- The VBI website and platform infrastructure
- And a whole lot more.
It also means Elgato fans will be able to integrate VBI visuals with their favorite products, like the Stream Deck and the EpocCam app — which allows you to turn your phone into a webcam. We’ll also be teaming up with other Corsair brands, like ORIGIN PC and SCUF Gaming, to create some awesome stuff!
But most importantly, it means the VBI team — our family — is sticking together. The acquisition included intellectual property, technology and our team members. Every single employee and contractor was retained in the deal. And that’s a cause for celebration.
So what will change?
With new opportunities come big changes. Here are a few things you can look forward to:
- More designs: We’ve got big plans to expand our product catalogue. That means more art styles, colors and themes to pick from — plus more emotes and badges than ever before!
- More innovation: With more R&D and engineering manpower, we can double down on the behind-the-scenes technology that make VBI designs so special. That means more modular designs, interactive widgets and online tools — so you can customize your stream and build a one-of-a-kind identity.
- A happier team: As new members of the Corsair family, our staff will benefit from more competitive pay and new perks — plus talented new team members to work alongside. Happier artists means better designs and happier streamers!
- Faster, more effective support: With additional funding we can grow our Client Success Team, adding additional members and incorporating new technologies. That means quicker, more efficient solutions when you hit a roadblock.
- New Elgato integrations: By marrying VBI designs with your favorite Elgato hardware, your stream studio will be more customizable than ever. We’re excited to work closer than ever with the Elgato team on a number of new projects, including: Stream Deck integrations, new ways to keep chat engaged at a moment’s notice, entertaining virtual backgrounds, and new features for non-gaming creators like educators, tournament organizers and musicians.
- More mobility: Who’s ready for convention season?! When it’s safe to do so, we’ll be joining Elgato and Corsair at events around the world — giving you an opportunity to meet our team and see VBI products firsthand.
And we’re just barely scratching the surface.
What won’t change?
Not everything is changing. Here are a few things that will stay the same:
- Our current team: As mentioned, no employees or contractors were dropped in the acquisition. That includes our founder, Caleb Leigh, who is staying on as General Manager (GM) of Visuals by Impulse.
- Our mission: We’re as committed as ever to providing professional design to all streamers — no matter the size of their audience. Beautiful, customizable live-stream design shouldn’t be exclusive to the pros, nor should it break your wallet.
- Free products: We love creating free designs, and we won’t be stopping anytime soon. In fact, get ready to see more free products than ever before. That also includes much-needed updates for some of our existing, classic free packages.
- Quality over quantity: Some graphics providers rush products out the door, with very little depth or substance. That’s never been us, and never will be. Every VBI product will continue to be jam-packed with features and customization options.
- Our pricing: We’ve always believed quality stream design should be affordable, and that’s not changing. You’ll see the same low prices you’ve come to expect from us. That means $30 for most (animated) stream packages, with individual components running between $5-15.
- Empowering artists: From its founding, VBI has created sustainable jobs and revenue streams for designers of all kinds. That commitment won’t end here. You deserve to make a living, while making the things you love.
We’re staying true to all our core values, which are as strong today (or stronger!) than they were on Day #1.
The future: What to expect
We’ve got big plans for the future, many of which will start rolling out in the coming weeks and months.
Here’s a sneak peek at some additions on the horizon:
- New team members: We can’t wait to expand the VBI family! Get ready to welcome new artists, creative engineers, management and Client Success staffers.
- More artist opportunities: The creator economy is growing at an eye-popping pace. That’s why we’re excited to launch our VBI Contributor program shortly, which will allow creators to list their products on our platform — and reap all of the benefits.
- More Stream Deck icons: Choose from more Stream Deck icons than ever before, with new themes and animated styles on the way! Coming soon, premium Stream Deck keys with original, illustrated icon sets!
- Better design analytics: We want you to have better analytics, to see which designs are working for your channel (and which aren’t). That’s why we’re developing new strategies to track your channel performance in correlation to your designs.
- “One-Click” OBS setup: Faster, easier setup for classic OBS users. That means lightning-fast customization for your stream alerts and widgets, plus stress free installation.
- New OBS plugins: We’re building new, direct OBS Studio integrations, since we know so many of our customers love the classic OBS experience. These plugins and add-ons will make it easier than ever to customize your stream — all within your OBS software.
- New & improved tools: We’re excited to unleash our engineers on a host of new streamer tools. Up next, we’re creating a Banner Maker, which will allow you to create custom profile banners for any platform. Existing VBI tools (like the transition maker and free panel maker) will see major improvements.
- New Twitch extensions: Get ready to boost your Twitch experience with VBI extensions! Our apps will provide new ways to interact with chat and add exciting visuals to your stream — all from your Twitch dashboard!
- Overhauled partnership program: Get rewarded in new ways when you download VBI designs or refer audience members. That means new rewards, easier redemption, and new opportunities for affiliate streamers!
- Going AR: Get ready for VBI’s grand entrance into the augmented reality and lens space. New technologies, new tools and some wild new effects for your broadcast. Coming Soon™.
- More video tutorials: With a beefed-up Client Success Team — and more production resources — the VBI YouTube channel is in for a major upgrade. That means more how-to guides and video walkthroughs to gear you up for success.
And we’re just getting started. 2021 is going to be a wild ride.
We owe it all to you
We didn’t do this on our own. After a 5+ year journey, there are a lot of people to thank. Some challenged us; others inspired us; even more trusted us with their identity.
In particular, we feel indebted to:
- The 200,000+ of you who are rocking VBI creative assets on your stream right now. Your passion fuels us, and we’ll always be your partner on this journey.
- The brands and influencers who push us forward. Your trust keeps us innovating with new strategies and identities — and is a big reason why we’re here today.
- The 50+ VBI teammates located across 15 counties. We’re constantly humbled that you choose to spend your time and creative energies working towards our mission. It’s something that is never lost on us or taken for granted.
- The Elgato team for making this process incredibly easy. Your excitement is contagious and drives us to continue improving and growing.
- Most importantly, the creatives of all shapes and sizes. Your work inspires and challenges us daily. We are an extension of your dreams and imagination.
We hope each of you will stick around for the adventures to come. This is only the beginning of VBI’s story, now with two powerhouses — Elgato and Corsair — by our side. We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
To the moon (and beyond) 🚀